Friday, April 10, 2015

Food: Part 1 of Infiniti


Have you ever been sitting down watching a show and thought to yourself, I would love to be doing what they are doing, eating whatever they are eating, or even just be where they are? I catch myself doing this all the time, but most of the time I can’t seem to move my lazy ass.

This Tuesday happened to be a little different though. Anthony Bourdain’s show on Travel Channel, No Reservations, is probably my favorite show on television and this time he was in Amsterdam.  I couldn’t help but drool at the bratwurst sitting on a pile of sauerkraut at a fancy bar in the middle of the Amsterdam river. Even on my outdated TV I could still see the “meat in tube form” (as Anthony likes to call it) sizzling and bubbling.

I felt like it was my calling, I had to do something about this urge. I literally stole my roommate’s car and drove to Wal-Mart. I bought a 6 pack of juicy brats and cooked them all. Although it wasn’t nearly as good as the Danish brat on television I felt very satisfied and moved by my journey.

 I don’t believe there is any more powerful media persuasion than food on T.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment