Friday, April 10, 2015

"The Peter Roulier Facebook Scandal"


Let’s be honest, Facebook is for old people now. There really is no getting around it. I never check my Facebook anymore and that’s because I don’t give a hoot about what my grandma did with her knitting squad.

But, this Monday I was forced to check my Facebook after a catastrophe happened. I looked down at my phone to see that my dad and my grandpa had both called me. At first I thought I had missed my birthday or something because this is a very rare occasion. However, it didn’t take long for me to realize something was going down. What could it be?

It turns out my very immature friend had remembered my password and username on my account. Being the little bastard that he is, he thought it would be funny to post old embarrassing photos of me. And apparently I had new girlfriend according to Facebook. My dad and grandpa were calling to congratulate me and tell me how proud they were. This was the worst day of my life.

I have a love/hate relationship with social media. In this particular case you can clearly see how within a couple of hours people thought I had gone crazy and was dating a model. And the sad part about today is, people actually count social media sites as a credible source of information. Even my incredibly intelligent father was fooled by something so ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment